Monday, February 7, 2011

Resolutions - keeping myself accountable

Isn't this a cool picture?  My sister-in-law took it during thier yearly Thanksgiving visit.  I love this picture!  Thanks Jess!

I feel like I am a pretty closed person and it seems to be getting worse.  I constantly worry about saying the wrong thing - so I guess I figure I won't say anything at all.  I say I 'deal' with things that upset me by not thinking or talking about them.  Peter tells me that I am not dealing with them, I am avoiding them.  I am sure he is right.  So one of my resolutions is to be more open and actually reveal things about me.  This includes being a better listener when people talk to me as well.  I also want to spend more quality time with Peter, my silly, fun loving hubby (he thinks he is spiderman because his name is Peter-btw).  Most of our time is spent watching some television and relaxing when the kids go to bed.  Not that this is not wonderful - but seriously what kind of quality is that?  So, time to get working on that.  Anyone have any good ideas on that one?
I also want to spend more quality time with the girls.  Like so many others, I think I am too busy for anything.  I need to get this done then I will play.  But wait, just one more thing.  I end up losing the entire day.  That needs to change!  Sooo step 1... 
Addi has been asking and asking to play "London Bridge" every night (for about 3 nights in a row), but when she asks it is already too late so we tell her "no".  I had an idea what "London Bridge" is but not why it was so important to play this with us.  Well, the other night I remembered she had been asking, so about 30 minutes before bed time I told her we could play.  So Peter and I held up our hands like a bridge and the girls ran around singing, "London Bridge is falling down" (as we trapped them in our arms every so often).  This lasted about 15 minutes, and let me tell you, they had so much fun and I think Peter and I were both surprised how much fun we had with them also.  I sit and think, she just wanted to play with mom and dad and I wonder..."what is wrong with me?  Why can't I see this?"  So, more of this with my girls!  Now, that was a totally easy thing and not at all time consuming.

1 comment:

  1. What's in the barn?
    Matt gets home right at bedtime and by that time I am tired too. It is basically "go to bed" after a few minutes and I know that they too just want to play with us together. It's tough that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete