Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The road to health

One of my problems is making sure my kids are eating healthy.  This month we tried some different fruits.  Chloe had a fit when I told her I was looking for the "ugli" fruit to try, so instead we tried starfruit (pictured), papaya and an applepear (not pictured).  The starfruit was a HUGE hit with Addi.  It tastes kind of like an apple and grape mixed, but is easy to find in the winter months.

Chloe and I watched some show on healthy eating for kids one day and it gave the recipe for a raspberry smoothie.  It looked delicious so me, Chloe and Addi made one and tried it out.  We all liked the flavor, but Addi and Chloe had some issues with the texture (which did not bother me a bit).  Here is the recipe if you want to try one.
1 cup of raspberries (frozen or fresh)
6 oz fat free vanilla yogurt (I even found organic)
4 T organic Orange Juice
1 T org wheat germ
1 T Flaxseed

Then I topped with whip cream for me and Chloe (Addi and Daddy do not like whip cream).  This was yummy with our fish, rice and carrots.

We have a small boat beside the barn and a Grimlin in the barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment